Armed with all my art supplies, clothing to satisfy me for 2 months, a bit of food, an ice chest containing egg salad sandwiches and water, and an ipod to tape deck adapter, Stacy and I set off for a 5 day road trip to Santa Fe, NM. Our first stop was in the desert town of Joshua tree at the amazing house of a recently relocated San Francisco friend.
This is the kind of house that one likes to imagine they might own. A home that you can really pour all your creativity and personality into. For instance, if I had a perfect getaway house I imagine I would:
1. Have enough room to have multiple guests. Two extra bedrooms is great but I would settle for one and a nice big living room, fireplace and kitchen.
2. Rummage through a salvage yard to find the perfect front doors and somehow get them across the state to my house:
3. Have an inspiring place to sit and drink my morning coffee:

4. Keep chickens so I can have healthy (and humane) eggs every morning:

5. Have a nice, quiet neighborhood with lots of space around me so the neighbors' noise wouldn't bother me (and likewise). Dirt road optional (please mute your sound):
1 comment:
and live next to a national forest!
Post a Comment