Sunday, July 24, 2011

State of the Studio, Part III

There's 5 days until the July Open studio (and 6 days until I need to ship all my stuff home) so I'm working away as much as possible.

Here's some studio shots:

No one was around today really, and it was a cool rainy day, so I (illegally) left the door open and smelled the rain for hours.

View from outside - cheerful, eh?

I decided last minute to try to bust out another jackie. This one is small, traditional portrait size. The green is really exciting to me. Its like "country club green", thinking about the title "Country Club Jack"

Still working on this surface pattern. And much else here. This is Harrison

One victory today on it was toning down the red with a little turquoise wash. Nice effect.

Composition and gradient work on Grant

My new favorite. This is Reagan. Mohave Desert Reagan, actually. I think I might do some more table top acryclic patterning, it gives it a really great tension

2 comments:

Nate said...

We love Reagan! Which Harrison are you working on?

Julie Sea said...

ha! william henry harrison, still working on that one though for sure