Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'm surrounded by really talented people part 2


After the Postcommodity performance we went to "Currents 2011: Santa Fe International New Media Festival" in which two SFAI residents (Christobal and Annica) have an interactive video installation. Unfortunately I didn't get a video of it, it was among the nicest pieces there! It was called, "Nervous structure" and was an interactive projection on spandex bars, and the projection quivered when you approached it. Really awesome.


Small world that it is, Surahbi Saraf was showing her video, "Fold" which was shown in the same show that 3 of my Union paintings were in, Introductions 2010 at Root Division. Surahbi is a resident artist at Root Division (cool!) and so it was so nice to finally have a chance to talk to her!

Here's a still of her piece:


Here's some other pieces I did manage to take video of:


Projections on 3 dimensional rectangles



Projection on smoke on water basin



No comments: